Hydrogen (or simply "Hydro") is a protagonist character in Alchemy Adventure. He is a white dog/dinosaur-like creature, but it was never known what his species truly is.
Hydrogen appears to resemble a heavy-cross between a canine and a dinosaur of sorts. He is generally lithe and has pure-white fur all-over, a rounded snout, and bears blue webbed-spines that run along his back, as well as end toward the base of his feathered-tail. Hydro is also usually portrayed with tiny silver claws, though sometimes they're colored black.
He has sky-blue eyes, and also wears a collar of the same pale color.
As Hydrogen is considered the most basic out of all the Elemental Animals, he only knows simple battle-maneuvers such as dodging and striking at his enemies using his paws. He can also shoot a faint-colored, low-heated fireball by mouth. This fire is virtually-invisible, yet explosive and deadly at an extent.
Hydro is also skilled in performing an attack with a long-range. His "Dive Bomb" ability involves him leaping up high and then diving towards the ground. Immediately, he spits a short flame which causes an explosion to occur.
He is a swift and agile character, so he is more likely to dodge/block certain attacks quicker than certain other animals.
|Hydrogen Flame||Chemical||⚔Guard Break||2 turns|
|Dive Bomb||Special||✳️Critical-Hit Bonus||2 turns|
Upgrade Bonus: +2
- Based-on Hydro's anatomy, he most likely bears a resemblance to an Istrian Hound dog (though lacking ears), as well as an Amargasaurus (except lacking spines on the head/neck).
- Hydro is one of the few non-dragon creatures capable of shooting fire by mouth.
- In addition, he is the first Elemental Animal to be considered an original species.
- In real-life, hydrogen fire is invisible and could cause accidental burns. In fact, it is a gas that is extremely flammable and is known to blow things up such as cars in certain cases.
- This is likely the inspiration for Hydro's explosive flame-breath ability.